Sunday, August 26, 2012

My First Day of School



My first day of school was amazing and filled with new experiences.  I had high expectations for my first day at John Carroll and those expectations were met my first day! I was a little nervous going into the day, but I met the kids that I knew from my old school and also my brothers from the John Carroll Football team. It was not as hard because I was with those guys my entire summer vacation preparing for a successful season and now we will be together in school! First everyone was in the auditorium together where there was a presentation and a series of prayers for the class of 2016. After that we headed toward our advisories and to our lockers. There was also a fire drill there and afterwards we had a little snack. Included in the day were our groups we went around in to check out the school and were given information about what the school was like and opportunities we have to participate in the school for such as clubs. We had lunch and then a sample of our classes which was nice to meet the teachers and see where the classes were located. I was also told what was expected of me from my teachers and the basic rules of school. I met new people that I will be spending the next four years of my life with and the teachers that will help prepare me for life as an adult. I learned that there is nothing else like high school and I have to look back at it with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment