Monday, September 3, 2012

Essay #3

           In my four years at John Carroll I hope to become a respectful and also respected student athlete. I want to be successful and to be successful is not going to be easy it will take hard work. I will approach these years of high school with the thriving to be excellent in anything and everything I try to do. I hope in high school I will be known as a well liked kid for who I really am and learn to be a leader through my athletic career at JC.
          To be a respectful and respected student athlete will not be an easy task. There are two parts to do this I have to be respected as a student and also an athlete. In order to be respected as a student I have to be a good classmate. In order to be respected by my teachers I have to not be a disturbance in the classroom, try my best, and be a participating student. As an athlete I have to be successful on the field and be a good example. I have to always be working hard and giving it my all and come through for my team. I have to also help my teammates on and off the field. Make sure they do not do anything they are not suppose to and they are paying attention in school.
             At John Carroll I want to be successful. To be successful there are many things that factor into that. I have to get great grades and be accepted into a great college. To get there I have to study hard and ask questions if I do not understand anything. I have to pay attention in class and be prepared for every test I have. There will be many challenges as a student in school. There will always be drama in any school you go to and I have to learn not to be involved in any of it. I can't get distracted easily in school and outside of school while I am doing homework. All of these things are going to be necessary to be successful in school.
            Another way I want to approach high school is to be excellent. This maybe one of the most difficult tasks to accomplish. In my mind to achieve this I have to have the mentally that everything I do I could do better. If I am satisfied that means that will be my best. I have to have that thirst to be excellent and be the best. It is like the way I have been approaching high school football. If I ever got satisfied it would only hold me back from being excellent. "The only hinderence of being great is being satisfied with being good." I am already doing that in my athletics, but now I also have to do it academically. This will not be easy, but if I keep on working on it it will be accomplish able.
                Enjoy life and have fun is an important way to approach high school in my mind. These next four years are suppose to have some of the best memories of life. I have to be willing to let lose sometimes and have a great time. I have to balance school with fun still it can't be all fun, but then again I also have to do what makes me happy which is really important to me.
           The last way I will talk about approaching high school is to live it with no regrets. This is probably my motto for high school. I want to be friends and be friendly. I do not want to look back at my high school years and say I wish I got to know you better. I want to participate in everything I thought was interesting and I would like. There are many clubs to participate in for high school which I would like to explore. I have to take advantage of every opportunity I can get.
          This is how I want to approach high school. I am hoping that I will achieve in all of these ways. When I am graduating as a senior my dreams will come true and I will be prepared for my next years of college. That journey will be tougher than this one in high school. I want to be well prepared for college through high school which is an objective of JC. I hope to live life with no regrets.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic attitude! The sky is the limit for you, Special K! 25/25.

    ReplyDelete