Friday, October 19, 2012

Hinduism and Islamic

Today in human geo class we reviewed religions. The religions we went over today were Islam and Hinduism. The information we learned was that Islam was founded by Muhammad. There are around 1.7 billion Muslims in the world and they will soon be the world’s most populous religion and overtake Christianity. The holy book for the Muslims is called the Qur’an. Also the religion is called Islam and the people who follow this religion are called Muslims. This religion was founded in Mecca and the devout Muslims are supposed to pray 5 times a day facing towards Mecca. Afterwards I gave a presentation on Hinduism. I shared the information I knew from learning and going to the Hindu temple and learning stuff about it from my mother. I explained how it was a monotheistic religion and that there was only one god that reincarnated many different times. Then afterwards I had to leave for my football game against Boys Latin and unfortunately we lost that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment